- To obtain a fundamental understanding of the mechanisms behind complex processes in the Earth.
- To establish and maintain a reputation as an international leader in this field.
- To enhance interdisciplinary research by establishing new collaborations and joint ventures.
- To actively seek greater involvement with industrial applications of our research.
- To find efficient ways of transmitting our basic research to industry, the education sector and the public.
TIGeR is a multidisciplinary group that brings together leading scientists in geology, inorganic and organic geochemistry, geodesy and geophysics with the common goal of advancing new and innovative geoscience research.
Our researchers are drawn from all the geoscience-related departments and centres across Curtin University, including the Department of Applied Geology, the John de Laeter Centre for Isotope Research, the Western Australian Centre for Geodesy, the Western Australian Organic and Isotope Geochemistry Centre (WA-OIGC), the Department of Exploration Geophysics and the Department of Mining Engineering.
We work together with research teams across Australia and internationally and have an excellent track record of obtaining competitive national and international grants, publishing in leading international journals and producing postgraduates of the highest quality.
TIGeR researchers significantly contributed to Curtin University receiving a “well above world standard” 5-point rating for earth sciences in the most recent Excellence in Research in Australia (ERA) assessment.